Sunday, April 25, 2010

Week 6

I can't believe our student teaching time is almost over!
I have all of my lesson plans done! WOO!
This week I have been working on being more organized for my classes. I'm very organized but sometimes I don't give my kids enough organization. I started a big three week project with the Juniors but I didn't provide structure. Now, I created a calendar and small activities to help scaffold their projects. I think the kids appreciate the structure.
I'm still fascinated at how discipline works in this school - it doesn't work. As talked about before - no one is disciplined! I just can't believe that the school doesn't fall down. Haha.
So, next week, I'm looking for a movie to show my advanced 11th graders. There are eight of them and they love watching and analyzing movies. They really liked The Great Gatsby and the symbolism. Does anyone have any good movie selections they can recommend?
ONE MORE WEEK! :)

1 comment:

  1. Jenna,

    I think it is safe to say this but I truly understand what it feels like to create a project with no modeling or lack of structure. I had to learn the hard way with this and I have still trying to get summaries turned in because of it.

    Good luck!

    Edward

    ReplyDelete